| Cigna | United Healthcare/UMR | Medicare | Anthem BCBS | Aetna |
If you have Out-of-Network benefits through your insurance plan, we can provide you a Super Bill to submit to your insurance plan for reimbursement.
Things to note before your Appointment
1. Call your insurance plan and ask:
a. For an in-office visit with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, does your plan cover Medical Nutrition Therapy, specifically for CPT codes 97802 and 97803
b. How many visits will be covered for your specific diagnoses?
c. Do you have a copay, coinsurance or deductible to meet and how much?
d. Most insurance companies cover medical nutrition therapy for specific medical diagnoses only, so please call your insurance to verify coverage if you're being seen for non-medical reasons such as healthy-eating, weight-loss etc.
2. You are responsible for payment of all service charges not covered or met by your insurance plan.
3. Medicare currently covers only diabetes and non-dialysis chronic kidney disease.
4. Please obtain a referral from your primary care physician or specialist-physician along with diagnosis codes as well as a copy of your most recent lab work.
6. If we do not participate in your insurance plan(out-of-network),we will provide you with a super-bill that you can submit to your insurance plan to be reimbursed.
1. If you're paying out of pocket because you do not have insurance or your insurance does not provide benefits to see a Dietitian, we will provide you a Good Faith Estimate of costs for sessions, as per the "No Surprises Act" which went into effect Jan 01, 2022. For questions regarding appointment costs, please call our office at (571) 223-6040.
2. Payment is due at the time of the appointment via VISA, American Express, Discover and MasterCard credit cards.