Payment & Insurance Policy
Questions for your Insurance before your Appointment
1. Call your insurance plan and ask -
a. For an in-office visit with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, does your plan cover Medical Nutrition Therapy, specifically for codes 97802 and 97803
b. How many visits will be covered for your specific diagnoses.
c. Do you have a copay, coinsurance or deductible to meet and how much.
d. Most insurance companies cover medical nutrition therapy for medical reasons only, so please call your insurance company to verify coverage.
2. You are responsible for payment of all service charges not covered or met by your insurance plan.
3. The insurances we currently accept are - CIGNA, Aetna, United Healthcare, CareFirst BCBS & BlueChoice and Medicare.
4. Medicare will cover only diabetes and non-dialysis chronic kidney disease.
5. Please obtain a referral from your primary care physician or specialist-physician along with diagnosis codes.
6. Bring with you a copy of your most recent lab work.
7. If we do not participate in your insurance plan(out-of-network),we will provide you with a super-bill that you can submit to your insurance plan to be reimbursed.
For details regarding appointment charges, please call our office at - (571) 223-6040.
Payment (if not using Insurance) is due at the time of the appointment in Cash or Check, VISA and MasterCard credit cards.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
We value your time and we'd appreciate that you value ours. If you need to re-schedule or cancel your appointment, we require a notice 24 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to do so or not showing up for your appointment will incur a cancellation / no-show fee of $50.
Please make sure to sign all forms sent to you via the Client Portal, before your scheduled appointment.
Please call us for any additional information or questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.